Saturday, July 9, 2011

Gratin-ishness (gluten-free)

I just recently tried a Potato, Tomato & Zucchini Gratin and I loved it! Well, it required me to whip out my mandolin (slices food very thin) and it inspired another recipe:

Yummy Southwest Bake

2 yams
2 potatoes (Yukon Gold)
1 red onion
1 pk of cooked back bacon, or turkey bacon, or something like that
salsa
sour cream (optional)
grated cheese (cheddar, mozza, parmesan, monterey jack)

On the thinnest setting, slice the first three ingredients and layer them on an angle (like dominoes that have been knocked down) in a roasting pan that has a bit of olive oil and minced garlic in the bottom. Add spices on top (I used Epicure Herb & Garlic), pepper, a coarse salt and wallop the sour cream, salsa and spread the cheese over it.

Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. If you used thicker slices, it might need a bit more time.

NOTE: If you have too many thin slices, do a second layer on TOP of the first layer and put the condiments on top of THAT layer.

You will thank me for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment