8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
1 brick of tomato basil feta (or substitute)
1 jar Paul Newman's Marinara sauce
1 package of pasta or rice
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- cut the feta brick into 8 slices
- put chicken in a casserole dish and raise the skin and stuff the feta brick in each chicken thigh. Wash hands thoroughly!!
- pour the marinara sauce on top of all the chicken
- bake in the oven for about 50-55 mins
Waste Not, Want Not
If you want to get more out of this meal for another meal, try this:
- save one chicken thigh for this next meal
- pour the cooking juices from the casserole dish in a container (including sauce chunks) and store in the fridge over night
- scoop off the fat from the chicken juices and discard - what is left is a flavourful tomatoey chicken stock
- peel off the skin (discard) and pull off pieces of the chicken for a soup
Chicken & Vegetable Soup in V8 Juice
1 bottle of V8 juice
1 stalk of celery
leftover pieces of chicken
leftover chicken stock
Sautee chopped onions, then add chopped carrots and chopped celery and cook until lightly tender(optional: add cooked chick peas or beans or be creative!). Add leftover chicken stock and let it "melt" as well as the chicken pieces. Add V8 juice (or other brand) and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and voila!
Let me know what you think!