Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunshine Muffins or Cupcakes - My version of a popular recipe with GF option

Okay, so I haven't had any trouble with substitutions and alternative flours for my gluten-free friends, so I will often post the alternatives, or if I forget, haggle me.
These muffins, could also be cupcakes. I heard it once said that muffins were "mini cake wads" and I translated that to cupcakes. It's really the same ingredients except muffins usually have chunky bits. So that is what separates this recipe out: add chunky bits and it's muffins, add icing, and it's cupcakes.
Either way, they are stupid easy because you can do them in a blender or food processor and just pour.

Sunshine Muffins (regular or gluten free (GF))

1 orange
1 cup orange juice (Add 1 additional cup for more with the dense GF flours)
1/4 oil (or apple sauce/oil combination)
1 1/2 cups flour (GF option: oat flour or soy flour, brown rice flour and buckwheat flour combo)
1/2 cups of sugar (increase by 1/2 cup for cupcakes)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

optional: 1/2 cup cranberries or
sprinkle with dark chocolate flakes or
or sprinkle with millet or
ice with a lemon icing

Directions:
Juice 1-2 oranges, cut 1 orange into 8 pieces (rind and all) and throw all the wet ingredients in the blender. Slowly add the dry ingredients until mixed. Pour into muffin tins

Bake for 15-20 minutes @ 375 degrees. Makes a dozen muffins/cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment